I like to knit, bit by bit...

I'm from Abu Dhabi, UAE; I love to knit; and I'm FINALLY blogging! I'm hoping to writing about my knitting escapades, tell you more about the UAE and other stuff through this blog :) cheers!

My Photo
Name:
Location: United Arab Emirates

Friday, December 8, 2006

My first ever scarf

For those of you who know UAE's weather, you'd be puzzled as to why I need a scarf. For those of you who don't, allow me to enlighten you!


The UAE is HOT from around Mid April to Late September, Cool from Late November to early March and warm for the rest of the year even for some of the days in the 'cool' months! The coldest it would get is a 15 degrees Celsius and you certainly do not need a scarf! So the use of a scarf is mostly as an accessory.

A while ago, a dear friend of mine gifted me with this beautiful, pink, mohair yarn. For the longest time, i had no idea what to do with it. So when the latest issue of Simply Knitting magazine (which I strongly recommend) carried a pattern for this beautiful mohair scarf, I avidly knitted away and four days later...











Ta-daa! my latest accessory :) Keep logging in 'cause I have a few more projects coming up...

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Moon said...

My friend I live in an island on the caribbean where its summer ALL year round and the coldest it has ever gotten is 18 degrees celsius during december..generally during december, and december only, the temperatures drop as low as 20 degrees celsius...and that has not stopped me from knitting scarves or socks or anything like that! :D
If you love to knit then no worries you'll never know when you'll need 'em! :D

- Mo0nAngel (from the KH forums :D)

December 10, 2006 at 10:15:00 AM GMT+4  
Blogger Moon said...

oh anddd I like your scarf!! :D lovethat color! and that yarn too :D it looks soo soft and light..

December 10, 2006 at 10:16:00 AM GMT+4  
Blogger MarDi said...

I followed your link on a knittinghelp.com's forum post that you made, and just had to tell you how gorgeous the scarf is! Simply lovely color, and the pattern is so light and airy. :) Perfect!

December 11, 2006 at 10:09:00 AM GMT+4  
Blogger resazurin said...

Thank you for your comments! I'm blushing :)
It's nice to hear from people all over the world, keep visiting :)

December 11, 2006 at 3:06:00 PM GMT+4  
Blogger inukshuk71 said...

Your scarf is lovely, and if they have air conditioning where you work, I am sure you can wear it all year long and look stylish when you check your e-mails, walk to the lab and analyse your samples ;) Plus, I am sure evenings are cooler, and you can certainly find an occasion to wear it, it's so elegant.

December 31, 2006 at 8:49:00 PM GMT+4  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home