I like to knit, bit by bit...

I'm from Abu Dhabi, UAE; I love to knit; and I'm FINALLY blogging! I'm hoping to writing about my knitting escapades, tell you more about the UAE and other stuff through this blog :) cheers!

My Photo
Name:
Location: United Arab Emirates

Friday, December 8, 2006

Knito-info!

Finally, I've been able to add my picture ;) to my profile. I fell in love with this picture as soon as I saw it and decided to add it to my profile. It can even be used as an avatar! There's plenty where that came from here!
OK more information...
A lot of people living here in the UAE have a hard time finding good yarn. So far most of the yarn found here is acrylic, craft yarn. So i did a bit of search and here are places which sell yarn (I have also listed these in the comments section of my first post):

Abu Dhabi:

  1. Malik & Shaid (behind Madinat Zayed shopping center) -they have chunky, Turkish yarn, German tweed yarn, some metallic as well as cotton yarn.
  2. Bastaki (also behind MZ shopping center) - they have a variety of yarn, including this wonderful 100% acrylic, kind of mohair yarn that is worsted weight (which my friend discovered, bless her!)
  3. Green Branch (on Electra Street) -slightly more expensive than the two shops above but they have a large range of yarn and knitting tools (I bought my cable needles here)
  4. Emirates General Supermarket (Hamdan Street) -100% acrylic yarn
  5. and a couple of shops in the Zayani area (the area behind Al Mariah Cinema) - I don't know the names of these shops but they have good wooden needles and you can get a good bargain if you know how to (bargain, that is!)

Dubai: (I have never tried these shops)

  1. The Sirdar website says that Magrudy's sell their yarn
  2. I heard that Fida's (telephone number: 04 344 4008) in Satwa area, Dubai do sell yarn

So all you UAE-ians (if such a word exists) go search for yarn in these places and tell me what you think, also feel free to write about any of your yarn discoveries in the UAE!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home